Department of Criminology
If there are currently no vacant positions posted on the Institute’s website, but you meet the criteria below, you are welcome to inquire about future options at any time. To do so, please contact our Recruitment Officer Dr. Annika Hampel (email@example.com).
Interested in doing your PhD or Postdoc at the Department of Criminology?
We would be happy to hear from you if you meet the following criteria:
- You have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., psychology, sociology, criminology, computer science, behavioral economics).
- You graduated with distinction (e.g., in the top 10% of your class, or equivalent)
- You possess excellent academic research and scientific writing abilities (in English), as demonstrated by the exceptional evaluation of your university research work and assignments.
- Your research interests align closely with those of the research program of the Department of Criminology.
- Please note that due to the strong empirical nature of the research program, law students are discouraged from applying if they lack a solid empirical background.
Grant opportunities for Postdocs
The Department offers a limited number of outstanding early career researchers a stipend to work on a grant proposal during a stay at the MPI (up to 12 months). In addition to the criteria listed above, applicants must be non-Germans who do not live permanently in Germany. Successful candidates will collaborate with one or more senior MPI researchers and the MPI will act as a host institution if the grant is awarded. The Department will also consider providing seed funding for software development or hardware.